CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up Services) 092967E
This course enables the participant not only to gain practical & technical skills but also the confidence required to work as a Photographic, Film & Television Make up Artist/ Technician to provide services for: Media Special Effects, Body Art & Face Painting Events, Feature Film & Television Productions, Theatre, Fashion & Wedding Photography, Runway and Music Clips.
A comprehensive program that extends the knowledge & skills of a makeup artist into all forms of media from sketching, presenting of photographic portfolios in print & digital format, sculpting, body art, and airbrushing. It incorporates a series of photo shoots. The course covers business plans, marketing and client interaction to provide effective communication and awareness in a rapidly changing and diverse environment.
This course is conducted Full time over a period of 48 weeks.
|January||Monday – Wednesday||9am – 4pm||20/01/2019||09/12/2020|
|Days||Monday – Wednesday|
|Time||9am – 4pm|
You will receive a confirmation of enrolment that secures your place in an intake or when a deposit is required payment of the deposit will secure a place. Positions will not be held without either requirements.
During the course programme you are required to be available for 60 hours of work experience which may include weekdays, evenings or weekends.
*Course completion dates may vary due to holiday breaks.
Mode of Delivery
All our courses are work place simulated environments. With face to face class room delivery, students are able to see trainer demonstrations, receive freeback and discuss assignments and the latest trends in the industry.
The Diploma course has no more than 16 students. This provides a team environment as well as individual tuition. All classes are designed to provide the necessary hands on skills. personal attention with the highest quality of training.
- Sketching & facial map design
- Product knowledge
- Colour physics & composition
- Industry Communications & consultation
- Photographic lighting & techniques
- Makeup application for day / evening
- Remedial Camouflage
- Digital photographic makeup application
- Wedding industry marketing / advertising
- Airbrush Makeup application & techniques
- Self Promotion
- Hairstyling for Fashion, Wedding & Runway
- Creative Makeup
- Silicone Transfers
- Fashion Styling
- High Definition film & television makeup
- Special effects
- Hair knotting
- Film script breakdown
- Ageing techniques
- Drag queen makeup
- Body Art
- Face Painting
- Period Hair & Makeup Design
- Moulding & casting
- Prosthetic foam latex application
- Business Planning
Units of Competency
- CUAIND502 Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge
- CUAPPR505 Establish and maintain safe creative practice
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
- CUAMUP401 Design, apply and remove make-up
- CUAMUP402 Maintain make-up and hair continuity
- CUAMUP403 Style hair for performances or productions
- CUAMUP404 Style wigs and hairpieces for performances or productions
- CUAMUP502 Design and apply specialised make-up
- CUAMUP503 Design and apply special make-up effects
- CUAMUP504 Create prosthetics for special make-up effects
- CUAIND401 Extend expertise in specialist creative fields
- BSBMKG413 Promote products and services
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- CUAIND402 Provide freelance services
- BSBCRT402 Collaborate in a creative process