Media Makeup understands the importance individuals attach to personal information (such as name, address, date of birth, personal email address, etc.). We are committed to managing and protecting the personal information individuals share with us.
For the purpose of this policy “individuals” refers to all persons enrolled or seeking to enrol with Media Make up Academy and Agency Pty Ltd (Media Makeup).
Through this policy Media Makeup seeks to ensure that individuals will be able to deal with this Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in confidence and that personal information is only used by the organisation in ways that are legal, ethical and secure.
As a respected educational and training organisation, Media Make Up Academy & Agency Pty Ltd is committed to complying with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 including the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) as outlined in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
In complying with the Privacy Act, the following explanation has been developed, detailing how the RTO shall meet the minimum standards for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- Persons using our websites and e-learning sites may do so aware that the sites do not collect information of a personal nature from such visits.
- Information submitted digitally to Media Makeup (i.e. electronic data, using an electronic form or application or by sending an email) is collected and used for purposes that is necessary for the functions of the organisation. For example, if an individual requests information about a course, the RTO will use the relevant personal information to effectively process your inquiry.
- Staff of this organisation will use an individual’s contact details to assist in the administering of its products and/or RTO services to ensure all interested persons are informed. In addition, the RTO may use information collected as above to provide or offer further services and products. Persons not wanting to receive such information may contact the Student Liaison Officer at email@example.com and request such contact be cancelled.
- Media Makeup shall only collect personal information that is necessary to carry out legitimate activities within the organisation. Information shall be collected in a legal and just method and shall not, where reasonably possible be intrusive.
- Media Makeup will only collect personal information with the consent of the individual and if that information is reasonably necessary for the functions of the organisation, including but not limited to:
- Enabling efficient course administration
- Maintaining proper academic records
- Assessing an individual’s entitlement to VET Student Loans
- Allocating a Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN)
- Reporting to government agencies as required by law.
- Examples of personal information Media Makeup may hold, include but are not limited to:
- Name & Address
- Email address
- Employment status
- Contact telephone numbers
- Tax File Number (applicable to VET student Loans applicants)
- Date of birth/age
- Place of birth
- AVETMISS Data
- Photograph/Photographic Identification
- Video Footage
- Student Results
- Educational Qualifications
- Unique Student Identifier Number
- When collecting personal information, Media Makeup will take reasonable steps to inform the person of:
- Our identity
- The purpose of collection
- Their rights to access Personal Information held by this organisation
2. Use and Disclosure
- The information that an individual provides Media Makeup, may be disclosed to the Australian Government and designated authorities, including the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Commonwealth Department, with responsibility for administering the Higher Education Support Act 2003, and the Tuition Assurance Scheme manager (ACPET).
- This information includes personal and contact details, course and unit enrolment details and changes.
- Media Makeup shall not disclose an individual’s personal information to an external organisation or third party unless:
- The individual concerned is reasonably likely to have been aware, or made aware that information of that kind is usually passed to that organisation or third party. E.g. the Commonwealth Department.
- Media Makeup believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or of another person;
- The individual concerned has provided written consent to the disclosure.
- The disclosure is required or authorised by or under law.
3. Security, Storage and integrity of personal information
- Media Makeup is committed to ensuring the confidentiality, security and integrity of the personal information it collects, uses and discloses.
- Media Makeup securely stores all records containing personal information and takes all reasonable security measures to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, alteration or disclosure. The security of physical files, computers, networks and communications are maintained at all times.
- Media Makeup are required retain certain information relating to an individual who has completed a qualification (or part thereof) with the RTO for a period of 30 years, this includes:
- Personal enrolment information
- Records of Results
- Certification Documentation
- Records of learners participating in a program with Media Makeup that is approved for Vet Student Loans will be retained for a period of 5 years.
- Once Media Makeup has no further use for the personal information for any purpose disclosed by the organisation, or is no longer required to retain the personal information as required by law, all reasonable steps will be taken to destroy or de-identify the information.
4. Right to access and correct records
Individuals have the right to access or obtain a copy of their personal information held by Media Makeup.
When requesting access to personal information, individuals shall:
- Provide a formal written request.
- Provide two (2) acceptable forms to prove their identity
- Advise what format they require the information
- Provide data storage, if necessary
- Allow 20 working days for processing (i.e. 4 weeks)
There is no charge for an individual to access personal information however, Media Makeup may charge a minimal fee to provide a copy of the relevant personal information. Should fees apply, the individual will be notified in writing.
If an individual considers their personal information to be incorrect, incomplete, out of date or misleading, they can request (in writing) that the information be amended. Where a record is found to be inaccurate, a correction is made as soon as practical. There is no charge for making a request to correct personal information.
All requests for access to or alteration of personal information and records should be directed to our Student Liaison Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 3090 Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000.
Where an individual believes that Media Makeup has breached one of the APP’s or if you have any general queries about the privacy and security practices of Media Makeup, please contact the Student Liaison Officer at email@example.com.
If you believe that your personal information has not been dealt with in accordance with the APP’s, you may make a written complaint to the RTO as per our Complaints and Appeals procedure.
Your complaint should be addressed to:
Student Liaison Officer
PO Box 3090 Rundle Mall
Adelaide SA 5000
You may also email your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy is current, and made available to individuals enrolled or seeking to enrol with Media Makeup, by publication on our website www.mediamakeup.com.au. Any changes to this policy will also be made available on the website, individuals will not be notified separately.
Media Makeup advises prospective clients at the time of application of this policy and where to locate it on our website. This will ensure the applicant has given their informed consent for their personal information to be disclosed to the relevant third parties.
If you have any comments regarding Media Makeup’s privacy statement and policy please email these to, email@example.com