Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics
Participants will gain the practical skills and knowledge required to work as Retail Cosmetics Consultant/Sales Person in either a Department Store, Makeup Boutique, Pharmacy or Salon.
Work placement is provided in the Media Makeup Retail Store and Student Salon located at the Academy. This is a compulsory requirement of the qualification for learners to gain the relevant industry experience. Participants will be required to complete approximately 30 hours of work placement demonstrating their practical skills and knowledge on “clients and customers”. Work placement will be completed throughout the duration of the course and has been factored into the delivery timetable**
** where students are unable to achieve the requirements of their work placement within the allocated timeframe, they may be required to complete services outside of normal class time.
Monday & Tuesday
|Times||9.30am – 2.30pm|
Tuesday & Wednesday
|Times||6:00pm – 8:30pm|
Mode of Delivery
Our programs are delivered face to face at the Media Makeup Academy. This program has a strong focus on practical applilcation, where students will learn within a simulated workplace environment. Throughout the program, students will work with our highly skilled trainers to observe trainer demonstrations, practice their skills and receive one on one feedback, gather hints and tips about working in the industry, and reviewing the latest trends.
The maximum number of students is 12. This is to ensure each student receives individual guidance throughout the course program.
- Product Knowledge
- Skin Types & Conditions
- Skincare & Makeup Preparation
- Customers Services & Makeup Consultation
- Working in Retail Environment & Selling techniques
- Visual Merchandising
- Work Heath Safety & Professional Hygiene
- Sketching & Face Chart Design
- Makeup Application Techniques
- Remedial Makeup / Camouflage
- Using Social Media within industry
- Retail Work Placement
- Salon Work Placement
Units of Competency
- SHBBCCS004 Demonstrate retail skin care products
- SHBBCCS005 Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBBMUP009 Design and apply make-up
- SHBXCCS007 Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXIND003 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXIND005 Communicate as part of a salon team
- SHBXWHS003 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SIRXIND003 Organise personal work requirements
- SIRXOSM002 Maintain ethical and professional standards when using social media and online platforms
- SHBBINF002 Maintain infection control standards
- SHBBMUP011 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SIRXOSM003 Use social media and online tools
- SHBBRES003 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SIRRINV001 Receive and handle retail stock
- SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
Applicants must have successfully completed Year 10, be at least 16 years of age and have basic computer competency
Prior to enrolment all prospective participants are required to attend a pre enrolment interview.
Makeup Brushes, Tools, Uniform & Makeup Kit
Total – $1325
Students to supply their own stationery, two hand towels, a lap top or tablet.
Course Fee $3872.00
Deposit $800.00 payable at enrolment
Flexible payment options available through our finance partner for “study now pay later” option. Full course fee and Incidentals can be financed in manageable instalments. Contact us today for more information.
Job Trainer Subsidised Program is available for eligible participants for contract of training (Trainerships with Employers only) Please enquire for more information.
RTO Number: 2316
RTO Number: 2316