Certificate III In Make-up
This program is perfect for those wanting to develop the necessary skills and confidence to work as a Freelance Makeup Artist. Participants will learn to apply makeup for a range of events including photography shoots, weddings, fashion and fantasy. Students can expect to develop skills in airbrushing, hairstyling and photographic makeup as well as learning how to establish themselves in the industry and turining their passion into a career.
Possible career outcomes include: Beauty Salon or Freelance make-up Artist specialising in the Fashion Industry, Wedding Industry, Print and Digital Media Industry or Special Event make-up & Hair Styling.
This course includes a series of Professional Photo Shoots to develop a Professional Portfolio.
To fulfil the requirements of this qualification, students are required to complete approximately 40 hours of practical industry experience within a personal services environment, this is available to students at the Media Makeup Store and Salon where they will be able to apply their skills and knowledge by demonstrating their ability to engage with and provide services to members of the public.
Students may be required to complete industry experience outside of normal course contact hours.
Flexible Learning Program
Combination Of Online Learning & Face to Face Training At The Academy.
*Rolling intake, start anytime, and self-paced.
FACE TO FACE PROGRAM
|Nights||Tuesday & Wednesday|
|Times||6.00pm – 8.30pm|
|Course Duration||43 Weeks|
FACE TO FACE PROGRAM
|Days||Mondays & Tuesdays|
|Times||9.30 am – 2.30 pm|
|Course Duration||21 Weeks|
Mode of Delivery
All of our Programs have a strong focus on practical application, where students will learn within a simulated workplace environment. Students will work with our highly skilled trainers to observe Trainer demonstrations, practice their skills and receive one on one feedback, gather hints and tips about working in the industry, and reviewing the latest trends. We have two types of study options available:
Part Time Classes- Face to Face
Structured classes are conducted every Tuesday & Wednesday Evenings from 6pm-8-30pm or Monday & Tuesday 9.30am to 2.30pm at the Academy and our trainers will guide you through the entire course program, including theory and practical. Program starts at specific intakes dates.
Flexible Approach – Customised Learning
We understand that learners have different needs and therefore may not always be able to attend in the Face to Face programs. Please contact the academy to discuss how we can deliver the program to meet your individual needs.
- Work Health Safety & Professional Hygiene
- Product Knowledge
- Skin Types & Conditions
- Skincare & Makeup Preparation
- Makeup & Hair Consultation
- Sketching & Design Principals
- Makeup Application Techniques
- Photographic Lighting and Equipment
- Photographic Makeup
- Remedial Makeup/Camouflage
- Creative Makeup
- Working as Freelance
- Marketing & Micro Business Management
- Portfolio Development /Photoshoots
Units of Competency
- SHBBMUP009 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBMUP010 Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBBMUP013 Design and apply creative make-up
- SHBBRES003 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS008 Provide salon service to clients
- SHBXIND003 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS003 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SIRXOSM002 Maintain ethical and professional standards when using social media and online platforms
- SHBBINF002 Maintain infection control standards
- BSBESB304 Determine resource requirements for new business ventures
- BSBESB404 Market new business ventures
- SHBBMUP011 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBMUP012 Apply airbrush make-up
- SHBBMUP014 Work collaboratively on make-up productions
- SIRXOSM003 Use social media and online tools
Applicants must have successfully completed year 10, be at least 16 years of age and basic computer competency
$895.00 – Makeup Kit
$300.00 – Makeup Brushes & Tools
$120.00 – Uniform
$500.00 – Airbrush Kit
$360.00 – Hair Styling Kit
$2175.00 – Total
Participants are required to purchase kits and materials prior to the first day of class.
Students to supply their own camera, stationery, two hand towels, and a lap top.
Incidental expenses are payable 30 days before course commences unless negotiated otherwise
$6655.00 – Course Fee
$800.00 – Deposit
To apply please complete application form and send with current resume to
RTO Number: 2316