SACE Certificate III In Make-up
This course program has been designed specifically for participants who are currently completing Secondary High School.
Participants of this program will gain the necessary skills and confidence to work as a makeup artist providing Makeup, Airbrush Makeup and Hairstyling Services to clients in a range of settings including: Freelance Makeup Artist (weddings and events), retail environment, photography studios, spas and salons. The opportunities are endless.
This course includes a series of Professional Photo shoots that will help to build a Professional Portfolio.
Work placement is provided in the Media Makeup Retail Store and Student Salon located at the Academy. This is a compulsory requirement of the qualification for learners to gain the relevant industry experience. Participants will be required to complete approximately 45 hours of work placement demonstrating their practical skills and knowledge on “clients and customers”. Work placement will be completed throughout the duration of the course and has been factored into the delivery timetable**
* the indicated SACE Credits are an estimation based on successful completion of all units within this program.
** where students are unable to acheive the requirements of their work placement within the allocated timeframe, they may be required to complete services outside of normal class time.
2022 Course Intake
*RPL Pathway (only suitable for students who have previously completed Certificate II In Retail Cosmetics)
|July||Fridays (Catholic & Independent School Students Only)||9am – 3pm||29/07/2022||
|July||Tuesday & Wednesday (available to all SACE Students)||6.00pm – 8.30pm||05/07/2022||
|Month||Semester 1 – RPL ONLY Feb **
(Suitable for Year 11 & 12 Students)
|Time||9am – 3pm|
|Month||Semester 2 – RPL ONLY July **
(Suitable for Year 11 Students)
|Time||9am – 3pm|
Night classes are conducted part time, 2 evening a week over a period of 48 weeks.
|July||6pm – 8.30pm||05/07/2022|
|Time||6pm – 8.30pm|
If a student has previously completed a Certificate II in Retail Makeup and Skincare, they will be eligible for Course Credit or Recognition of Prior learning (RPL) as some units are repeated in the Certificate III In Make-up.
We have designed a specific pathway program for this group of students, therefore reducing the hours required for to complete the Certificate III In Make-up.
This course is conducted part time over a period of 34 weeks.
** RPL Only for those students who have already completed the SACE Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics SHB20116
Mode of Delivery
Our programs are delivered face to face at the Media Makeup Academy. This program has a strong focus on practical applilcation, where students will learn within a simulated workplace environment. Throughout the program, students will work with our highly skilled trainers to observe trainer demonstrations, practice their skills and recieve one on one feedback, gather hints and tips about working in the industry, and reviewing the latest trends.
The maximum number of students is 20. This is to ensure each student receives individual guideance throughout the course.
- Work Health Safety & Professional Hygiene
- Product Knowledge
- Skin Types & Conditions
- Skincare & Makeup Preparation
- Makeup & Hair Consultation
- Sketching & Design Principals
- Makeup Application Techniques
- Photographic Lighting and Equipment
- Photographic Makeup
- Remedial Makeup/Camouflage
- Creative Makeup
- Working as Freelance
- Marketing & Micro Business Management
- Portfolio Development /Photoshoots
Units of Competency
- SHBBMUP009 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBMUP010 Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBBMUP013 Design and apply creative make-up
- SHBBRES003 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS008 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND003 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS003 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SIRXOSM002 Maintain ethical and professional standards when using social media and online platforms
- SHBBINF002 Maintain infection control standards
- BSBESB304 Determine resources requirements for the new business venture
- BSBESB404 Market new business ventures
- SHBHDES004 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBMUP012 Apply airbrush make-up
- SHBBMUP014 Work collaboratively on make-up productions
- SIRXOSM003 Use social media and online tools
CERTIFICATE III IN MAKE-UP is available to year 11 and 12 students.
Incidental Expenses *
|Photo Shoots, SACE Makeup kit, SACE Hair kit and Supplies||$1000.00|
Participants are required to purchase kits and materials prior to the first day of class. Students to supply their own camera, stationery, two hand towels, a lap top and a makeup cape.
Incidental expenses are payable 30 days before course commences unless negotiated otherwise.
|Course Fees: (Full Qualification)||$3,000.00|
Payment Plans available for course fee only.
Students to supply their own laptop, stationery and two hand towels.
*Only applicable if previously not obtained.
RTO Number: 2316