You may be eligible for government subsidised training based on your employment and training level.
You may be eligible for subsidised training if you live or work in South Australia, and you are:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent Australian resident, or
- an eligible visa holder
- 16 years or over and not enrolled at school, or
- 16 years or over, enrolled in school and undertaking training through the Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS), or
- undertaking training through a training contract as an apprentice or trainee in an identified course.
Eligible people may access:
- one foundation skills course (if you are assessed to need it)
- up to five bridging units at every qualification level (if assessed to need them)
- unlimited priority courses.
Based on your training and employment level, you may also access the following:
|Highest accredited non-school qualification at first enrolment||Accessible courses|
|No qualification or an unemployed job seeker who is registered with an Employment Service Provider||
one certificate II course
two courses from certificate III to advanced diploma level
|Qualification up to certificate II level
||two courses from certificate III to advanced diploma level|
|Completed a certificate III or above (including university qualifications)||one course from certificate III to advanced diploma level|
For full details, including visa eligibility, please see the https://www.skills.sa.gov.au/subsidised-eligibility