Australian Visas

Student Visas

You will need to obtain and maintain a student visa until the completion of your course. You can obtain visa information from the nearest Australian Embassy or Australian High Commission or local Department of Immigration and Border Proctection (DIBP) offices.

You can apply for your student visa as soon as you receive a letter of offer or electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for your full-time course of study.

You should contact your local Australia Government office overseas to find out more on how to apply and what documents you will need to support your application.

Am I eligible to study in Australia?

You must be at least 18 years of age to apply to study at Media Makeup Academy & Agency Pty Ltd.

Country Assessment Level
Student visa applications are assessed based on your country’s level of risk (level 1 being low, level 5 being very high). Each assessment level has differing criteria. This criteria includes financial, English and other requirements.

English Language
All classes at Media Makeup are conducted in English.

Your Student Visa and Academic Responsibilites
To retain your student visa, you must abide by its conditions. Failure to comply with these conditions could result in the cancellation of your visa.

These conditions include but are not limited to:

  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress
  • Expects students to attend all timtabled classes
  • Complete the course within the duration specific in the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
  • Maintain approved Overseas Student Health Cover while in Australia
  • Notify Media Makeup of your Australian address and any subsequent changes of address within 7 days

Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
Once you have been issued your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment and have obtained your student visa, the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs regulations state that you cannot change your study by moving to another institution in the first year of studying. After the first year you may change your provider. However your new provider has to issue you with a new eletronic Confirmation of Enrolment so your student visa does not get cancelled.

Financial Responsibilities
International learners are required to pay tuition fees. The payment schedule is detailed in the letter of offer and provided to the learner prior to enrolment. Course Fee and Incidental Expenses are advertised on the website and are subject to change. Course Fees and Incidental Expenses are payable in $AUD. A deposit is required prior to the course starting. Learners will be invoiced at the end of a study period and will be required to pay for the study period in arrears.

Overseas Students Health Cover
All international learns must have current health insurance while studying in Australia – this is a visa regulation.

You will receive an Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) membership card, containing your membership number. Always take it with you when using any medical/health service. You will have to pay full price if you do not take your OSHC membership card. Some doctors or clinics require you to pay at the time of the service, so check when you make an appointment. Remember to always keep your receipts.

The OSHC covers basic medical services and emergency ambulance transport. Additional cover is available for services not covered by OSHC, such as dental, physiotherapy and optical services.