DIPLOMA of Beauty Therapy
This comprehensive course incorporates all of the skills and in depth knowledge required to work as Beauty Therapist. Job opportunities include, Day Spa’s, Beauty Salon or Clinics, Home Business, Resorts or Cruise Ships and have the opportunity to travel all around the world ! The program has a high amount of practical skills and treatments that are required to be demonstrated on clients in our Student Salon. You will learn how to manage a spa or salon environment also have the opportunity to complete work experience in Salons of your choice. Our practical approach ensures you will have confidence and skills to prepare you for the industry.
Our class sizes are small to ensure that each learner has the attention and guidance for success. Our programs are blended learning, including online learning, face to face classes and practical in our student salon and work placement in salons.
Classes are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays with Thursdays spent providing treatments in our Student Salon by appointment.
This course is conducted Full Time is over a period of 52 weeks.
|Month||New enrolments available monthly|
|Days||Monday – Wednesday|
|Time||9.00 am to 3.00 pm|
You will receive a confirmation of enrolment that secures your place in an intake or when a deposit is required payment of the deposit will secure a place. Positions will not be held without either requirement.
* Course completion dates may vary due to holiday breaks. Please note: there is a 4 week holiday break over Christmas and New Years period.
Mode of Delivery
All of our Programs have a strong focus on practical application, where students will learn within a simulated workplace environment. Students will work with our highly skilled trainers to observe Trainer demonstrations, practice their skills and receive one on one feedback, gather hints and tips about working in the industry, and reviewing the latest trends.
We use a comprehensive online e-learning system and face to face classes and student salon. Learners will receive a course planner on commencement.
A minimum of 38 hours of work experience must be completed in a Beauty Salon/Spa completing a variety of services
- Makeup Application
- Remedial Camouflage techniques
- Facial Treatments
- Micro-Dermabrasion treatments
- Specialised Facial Treatments
- Aromatherapy for massages
- Lash & Brow Tinting
- Lash Lifting
- Brow Shaping & Laminating
- Manicure & Pedicare
- Gel Nails
- Stone Therapy
- Relaxation Massage for body
- Indian Head Massage
- Health, Hygiene and Wellbeing
- Chemical Peels
- Infection control standards
- In depth skincare product knowledge
- Anatomy & Physiology of the skin
- Working in Salon/Spa
- Providing Personal Services
- Retail Selling Techniques
- Social Media and Promotion
Units of Competency
- SHBBBOS008 Provide body massages
- SHBBCCS005 Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBBFAS004 Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBFAS005 Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- SHBBFAS006 Provide specialised facial treatments
- SHBBHRS010 Provide waxing services
- SHBBMUP009 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBNLS007 Provide manicure and pedicare serivces
- SHBBNLS011 Use electric file equipment for nail services
- SHBBRES003 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBBSSC001 Incorporate knowledge of skin structure and functions into beauty therapy
- SHBBSSC002 Incorporate knowledge of body structure and functions into beauty therapy
- SHBXCCS005 Maintain health and wellbeing in personal services setting
- SHBXCCS006 Promote healthy nutritional options in a beauty therapy context
- SHBXCCS007 Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS008 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND003 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS003 Apply safe hygiene, heath and work practices
- SIRXOSM002 Maintain ethical and professional standards when using social media and online platforms
- SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
- SHBBINF002 Maintain infection control standards
- SHBBBOS009 Provide aromatherapy massages
- SHBBBOS010 Use relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
- SHBBSPA007 Provide stone therapy massages
- SHBBSKS009 Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments
- SHBBMUP011 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBSPA008 Provide Indian head massages for relaxation
- SHBBBOS011 Provide superficial lymph massage treatments
- SHBBCCS007 Interpret the chemical composition and physical effects of cosmetic products
Applicants must have successfully completed year 10, be at least 16 years of age and basic computer competency
$600.00 – Beauty Kit
$895.00 – Makeup Kit
$120.00 – Uniform
$300.00 – Makeup Brushes & Tool
$1915.00 – Total
Learners will be required to supply own laptop or device.
Incidental expenses are payable 30 days before course commences unless negotiated otherwise.
$23,716.00 – Course Fee
Flexible payment options available through our finance partner for “study now pay later” option. Full course fee and Incidentals can be financed in manageable instalments. Contact us today for more information.
VET Student Loan
Vet student loans is available for this qualification for eligible students
Loan Cap $16,788 (max amount available to put on VET Student Loans)
Gap Fee $6,928 payable in weekly instalments of $133.23 or per study period of $1732.00 due on census date
To apply please complete application form and send with current resume to
RTO Number: 2316