Diploma of Screen and Media
(Specialist Make-up Services)
This course enables the participant not only to gain practical & technical skills but also the confidence required to work as a Photographic, Film & Television Make up Artist/ Technician to provide services for: Media Special Effects, Body Art & Face Painting Events, Feature Film & Television Productions, Theatre, Fashion & Wedding Photography, Runway and Music Clips.
A comprehensive program that extends the knowledge & skills of a makeup artist into all forms of media from sketching, presenting of photographic portfolios in print & digital format, sculpting, body art, and airbrushing. It incorporates a series of photo shoots. The course covers business plans, marketing and client interaction to provide effective communication and awareness in a rapidly changing and diverse environment.
This course is conducted full time over a period of 48 weeks.
|Contact Days||Monday – Wednesday|
|Times||9am – 3pm|
|Contact Days||Monday – Wednesday|
|Times||9am – 3pm|
“Please be advised due to Covid-19 restrictions, course start dates are subject to change”
You will receive a confirmation of enrolment that secures your place in an intake or when a deposit is required payment of the deposit will secure a place. Positions will not be held without either requirements.
During the course you are required to be available for 60 hours of work experience which may include weekdays, evenings or weekends.
*Course completion dates may vary due to holiday breaks.
- Sketching & facial map design
- Product knowledge
- Colour physics & composition
- Industry Communications & consultation
- Photographic lighting & techniques
- Makeup application for day / evening
- Remedial Camouflage
- Digital photographic makeup application
- Wedding industry marketing / advertising
- Airbrush Makeup application & techniques
- Self Promotion
- Hairstyling for Fashion, Wedding & Runway
- Creative Makeup
- Silicone Transfers
- Fashion Styling
- High Definition film & television makeup
- Special effects
- Hair knotting
- Film script breakdown
- Ageing techniques
- Drag queen makeup
- Body Art
- Face Painting
- Period Hair & Makeup Design
- Moulding & casting
- Prosthetic foam latex application
- Business Planning
Mode of Delivery
Our programs are delivered face to face at the Media Makeup Academy. This program has a strong focus on practical applilcation, where students will learn within a simulated workplace environment. Throughout the program, students will work with our highly skilled trainers to observe trainer demonstrations, practice their skills and recieve one on one feedback, gather hints and tips about working in the industry, and reviewing the latest trends.
The Diploma course has no more than 20 students. This provides a team environment as well as individual tuition. All classes are designed to provide the necessary hands on skills. personal attention with the highest quality of training.
Units of Competency
- CUAIND502 Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge
- CUAPPR505 Establish and maintain safe creative practice
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
- CUAMUP401 Design, apply and remove make-up
- CUAMUP402 Maintain make-up and hair continuity
- CUAMUP403 Style hair for performances or productions
- CUAMUP404 Style wigs and hairpieces for performances or productions
- CUAMUP502 Design and apply specialised make-up
- CUAMUP503 Design and apply special make-up effects
- CUAMUP504 Create prosthetics for special make-up effects
- CUAIND401 Extend expertise in specialist creative fields
- BSBMKG413 Promote products and services
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- CUAIND402 Provide freelance services
- BSBCRT402 Collaborate in a creative process
Applicants must have successfully completed Year 12, an AQF Certificate IV or a specific Language Literacy and Numeracy Test (CSPA). You will also be required to have intermediate computer skills.
Prior to enrolment all prospective participants are required to be assessed for Upfront assessment of need and attend a pre enrolment interview.
This course is subsidised by the South Australian Government for Eligible Students.
Click here to check your eligibility Subsidised Courses
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria, you can still complete the program but additional course fees apply. Please enquire for more information
$100.00 – Uniform
$300.00 – Makeup Brushes & Tools
$500.00 – Airbrush kit
$895.00 – Make up kit
$350.00 – Hair styling kit
$475.00 – Special Effects kit
$2,620.00 – Incidental Expenses Total
Participants are required to purchase kits and materials prior to the first day of class.
Students to supply their own camera, stationery, lap top and hand towels.
Incidental expenses are payable 30 days before course commences unless negotiated otherwise.
PARTICIPANT COURSE FEES
$5100.00 – Course Fee
* Weekly Payment Plans Available
PARTICIPANT COURSE FEE EXEMPTION
Participants over the age of 16 and who are, or have been, under the Guardianship of the Minister for Education.
PARTICIPANT COURSE FEE CONCESSION REIMBURSEMENT
Participant Course Fee concession if:
Participant holds a current:
– Health Care Card;
– Pensioner Concession Card; or
– Veteran Affairs Concession Card; or
– if the Participant is a Prisoner.
Evidence will be required to be supplied and further information will be provided at interview.
VET Student Loans:
see VET Student Loans fee schedule
VET Student Loans is available to eligible students, please check our VET student Loan page for eligibility criteria.
Please Note: If you are eligible and choose to apply for a VET Student Loan, you will incur a HELP debt that will continue to be a debt until it is repaid to the Commonwealth.
Our full time qualifications are AUSTUDY approved.
RTO Number: 2316